Manuscript Guidelines, Submission and Review Process
Specific Style Guide Format Information will be found on the Style Guide Link
Topic areas (but not limited to these):
• Course design – current courses, new courses, new trends in course topics
• Course management – successful policies for attendance, homework, academic honesty …
• Class material
o Description and use of new cases or material
o Lecture notes, particularly new and emerging topics not covered effectively in textbooks
o Innovative class activities and action-learning – games, active learning, problem based
• Major or emphasis area program design that is new or innovative.
• Assessment – all aspects including AACSB and university level assessment strategies and programs
• Integration of programs or courses with other academic disciplines
• Internship programs
• Business partnerships
• Successful student job placement strategies
• Any topic that relates to higher education business education.
Submission and Review Process:
• Manuscripts submitted for publication should be original contributions and should not be under consideration with another journal.
• Authors submitting a manuscript for publication warrant that the work is not an infringement of any existing copyright, infringement of proprietary right, invasion of privacy, or libel and will indemnify, defend, and hold Elm Street Press harmless from any damages, expenses, and costs against any breach of such warranty.
Prepare your manuscript
• See the Style Guideline page for specific instructions.
• Articles must make a contribution to business education innovation.
• Manuscripts should be limited to 8 to 10 pages or less, although longer will be accepted if warranted.
• Articles can be either regular research papers, or shorter notes that succinctly describe innovative classroom teaching methods or activities.
• Manuscripts should be completely finished documents ready for publication if accepted.
• Manuscripts must be in standard acceptable English grammatical construction.
• Manuscripts should be in MS Office Word format. Word 2007 files are acceptable, as are earlier versions of Word. If you are using a new version of Word after Word 2007, save in Word 2007 format.
Submit your manuscript
· Manuscripts may not have been published previously or be under review with another journal.
· Submit the manuscript attached to an email to email@example.com
· We will respond that we have received the manuscript.
· Article submissions can be made at any time.
· Submission deadlines: September 15 for December issue, March 15 for June issue.
- The editor and reviewers will review your submission to determine if 1) the content makes a contribution to innovative business education, 2) is of the proper page length, 3) is written in proper grammatical English, and 4) is formatted ready for publication.
- Submissions not meeting any of these standards will be returned. You are invited to make revisions and resubmit.
- If the submission meets the standards, the manuscript will be sent to two reviewers who will read, evaluate and comment on your submission.
- The editor will evaluate the reviews and make the final decision. There are 3 possible outcomes:
- Accept as is.
- Accept with minor revisions.
- Not accepted.
- Reviews will be returned promptly. Our commitment is to have a decision to you in less than two months.
- If your paper is not accepted, the evaluation may contain comments from reviewers. You are invited to rewrite and submit again.
If your paper is accepted
· Minor revision suggestions will be transmitted back to you.
· Revise and send back as quickly as possible to meet printer deadlines.
· Upon final acceptance, we will bill you publication fees. See www.beijournal.com for latest per page fees. Sole author fees are discounted.
· The fees include all costs of mailing a copy of the issue to each author via standard postal ground.
· Delivery to locations outside the continental US will cost an additional $10 per author for 5 day delivery.
· Faster delivery methods are available for US and international delivery. Contact the editor for a specific pricing.
· All publication fees should be remitted within 10 business days of acceptance, if possible.
· If you decide not to publish your paper with BEI Journal after submitting payment, we will refund publication fees less $200 to cover costs of review and processing.